Swansea's inaugural Green Dragon EV Rally & Show was a resounding success and an event enjoyed by spectators, exhibitors and participants alike.
Where and When
August 24th – Green Dragon EV Rally – Start/Finish at Swansea Castle Gardens.
A 60 mile run through the stunning Gower Peninsula with autotests at Swansea Airport. The winning autotest driver will receive the inaugural William Grove Trophy.
August 24th – Future is Electric Show – A show with family entertainment, exhibits and displays from the broad spectrum of electric and hydrogen powered vehicles, bikes and performance cars and bikes in Swansea Castle Gardens and surrounding city centre streets. An entertainment and educational show at the heart of the city centre among the shops, restaurants and bars.
August 23rd – Future is Electric Forum and BBQ – An evening of discussion and reflection with guest speakers on the future of Electric and Hydrogen power at the Dylan Thomas Centre with a Hog Roast and BBQ to follow.
Swansea BID (Business Improvement District) – www.swanseabid.co.uk
Electric and Hydrogen Power on the Road
The rally is open to Electric and Hydrogen powered vehicles (two and four-wheeled). Entrants can be private owners, manufacturers or dealers.
Entry of 50-100 participants expected.
- Start/Finish – Swansea Castle Gardens
- Parc Ferme – University of Wales Trinity St David
- Route – Sixty miles of public roads around the beautiful Gower Peninsula with check points and Autotest at Swansea Airport
- William Grove Trophy – The inaugural William Grove Trophy will be awarded at the Castle Gardens Finish ceremony. The Green Dragon EV Rally passes the birthplace and home of William Grove, regarded by many as father of the modern day fuel cell
- Licence – Entrants require only a national driving licence NOT a competition licence to participate
- Registration – Those interested in Registering should visit the Registration page on the website